Yes, in all thanks to the many century's long tradition (going back to the 1200's!) in the British Isles, we know with certainty that this ring started its life in Birmingham (England) in 1896.
A distinct, light blue sapphire of .15 carats radiates from a diamond-shaped cut out with tiny star-like points engraved into the surface. Enhancing the geometry, on the north and south, four sculptural elements accent the center area.
Two old single diamonds punctuate the shoulders with added engraved palmettes below each.
In 18k yellow gold, the ring rests low on the finger and remains crisp and fine.