Appraisals & Evaluations of Jewelry - Four Services
Want to know about the jewelry that you own? Surprisingly, there are few experts specializing in the field of antique and vintage jewelry. This is what The Three Graces does best. There is never a charge until it is determined that you will receive helpful information.
1. Expert Opinion by Photographs
An opinion only informational brief. May include the following:
- If is it a genuine period piece or reproduction.
- Date range of creation.
- Country of origin.
- History within the greater context of jewelry production.
- It is worth insuring or does it need an appraisal?
How to Proceed
Email us clear, in-focus photographs. Advice will be emailed to you on whether this is an appropriate method for your needs.
No value is provided. *This is never to be used to buy, sell or insure jewelry. Fee is $35.00. Please allow one week for your report.
When an expert opinion isn't enough, or the information that you are seeking cannot be determined by photographs alone. This report determines similar information as the above but includes:
- If it is of precious metals (gold, platinum, etc.) or base metal.
- If the diamonds or gemstones are real or imitation (only a select few stones or metals are tested).
This requires shipping jewelry to us. Contact us for insured, safe methods. Fee is $75.00. Shipping and insurance extra based on value.
No value is provided. *This is never to be used to buy, sell or insure jewelry. Please allow at least two weeks for receipt of your report.
3. Full Appraisal
Examination and in-depth testing and measurements must be performed in person. We offer our years of expertise in the form of a full written appraisal in conjunction with our certified gemologist for the cost of $125.00 for the first piece of jewelry and $100.00 for each piece thereafter plus shipping and insurance costs. A written report is provided containing a complete range of information about the metals used, gems, date of origin, possible place or origin and approximate retail, wholesale or insurance value. Best used for selling, buying or insuring your valuables - this report is the most thorough and detailed available today.
There are four key reasons for an appraisal
- Selling your jewelry.
- Insuring your valuables.
- Estate valuations.
- Knowing what your jewelry is worth.
The appraiser will ask your specific purpose. Values can vary depending on whether it is for insurance replacement, for selling wholesale value or for current retail market value. These are three different estimates of worth.
4. Private Consultation at Our Showroom
- Perfect for those with a number of pieces of jewelry.
- Determine whether items are costume or fine jewelry.
- Advice if items warrant a full appraisal.
- Direction on selling or insuring your jewelry.
$125 per hour. Minimum one-hour charge per visit.
All major credit cards and PayPal are accepted for services. Just email us for more information and guidance on which service is best for you.
Shipping Your Items to Us
Many people are concerned about shipping their valuables securely. Contact us for more information and pricing.