Men of the 1930s had a flair for dressing. They were styling with their long broad lapels, square shoulders and ventless tails. Full cut trousers were the standard of the day. Masculine elegance was coming into its own and the signet ring was de rigueur for the well dressed man.
Designed and manufactured by Stern & Stern of New York, this 14k white gold ring for a man (although quite suitable for a woman) displays a clever use of a fulcrum. The center plaque is two sided: one is set with deep azure blue lapis lazuli; the other is a white gold medallion emblazoned with engraved initials of “EWE” or “CWC”. Simply flip and up comes the area of choice to display. Chevron designs border the matrix of the ring with bold patterns all along the side panels.
Date: Circa 1930.