Arts & Crafts Enamel Pendant & Chain
The Arts and Crafts movement rejected the use of precious metals and gems in favor of more “earthy” materials. In reaction to the overwhelming impact of industrialization on everyday life, these artists felt a need to return to more of a hands-on approach akin to the handmade aesthetic of the craftsman. The organic form of nature was often the subject and the construction of the item tended more towards the simple or even handmade. Decoration was at a minimum and the use of enamel became one the mainstays of the Movement.
Here uncomplicated form fashioned from simple materials personifies the artistic intention using sterling silver and a blister pearl with multicolored enameling. Intense enamel hues of vivid blue, rose and emerald green caress classic lines and organic forms accented with a centered large oval blister pearl and silver drop appointed with green enamel.
Stylized foliate elements are left to the imagination. The silver bale is crafted with an opening for uncomplicated placement of a chain. The pendant is accompanied by a sterling silver chain.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 2 inches (5.0 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/16 of an inch (2.6 cm) in width. Chain is 18-1/2 inches (40.0 cm) in total length. Weight of 7.4 grams (4.8 dwt).
Hallmarks: Worn English hallmarks on pendant; and 925 on the chain.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.