Art Deco Poetry: Marcasite Swan Brooch
The swan motif lent itself quite well to the type of mood early Art Deco jewelry wished to evoke. Many of these pieces were ruled by linearity and stylization with a flat two dimensional profile with color waxing from the previous years.
Here a wondrous silver brooch from those Jazz Age years reflects those characteristics and more. Geometric forms dominate a rectangle with corners tipped in black enamel to enclose a marcasite set silver bordered octagon. Within an image of a sensuous swan with a tiny red glass eyes and literally covered with sparkling marcasites rests upon ever so slightly undulating enamel bands of cobalt blue and spring green water. Strong design and kinetic energy emanate from within the small confines of the brooch.
Date: Circa 1925.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length by 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in width. Weight of 9.2 grams (5.9 dwt).
Hallmarks: Sterling; Made in Austria; 935; a hallmark; C7.
Condition: Near mint.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.