Striking Beaux Arts Dragon Perfume Bottle Pendant
The term Beaux Arts period of jewelry design has its roots in the academic neoclassical style taught at the French national school of architecture, École des Beaux-Arts. Characterized by its classical forms, symmetry and rich ornamentation on a grand scale, the genre came at a time when Edwardian, Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts coincided.
Unmistakably ornate, this magnificent perfume bottle pendant of gilded brass displays hand painted porcelain of a striking blue with a flat pattern hand-painted gold. The pendant is appointed with a brace of gilded brass dragons with wings spread grasping within their jaws lengths of chain attached to a large “O” fitting. The pinnacle is capped with an ornate dome top and the base with a fluted finial.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 3 inches (7.6 cm) in total length including bale and chain. Bottle is 2-3/16 inches (5.5 cm) in length by 1-5/8 inches (4.1 cm) at the widest. Weight of 31.9 grams (20.5 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one chip to porcelain beneath one dragon wing barely visible; an area of gold paint at the high point of one side is slightly more pale.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.