Grand Victorian Era Pendant with Locket Back
Compared to the “delicate” jewelry of the early Victorian or Romantic Era, that of the mid or Grand Period seemed almost "peacockish" with its ornamentation. Design and embellishment was inspired by ancient Etruscan and other archaeological influences of the time. Locket popularity was at its zenith during the 1870s and were often jeweled, enameled and chased.
This particular example of 15k yellow gold represents a typical piece of the time. Although oval was the standard configuration, the round form was seen upon occasion. A dome of silver is ornamented with turquoise blue enamel and inset with a natural coral cabochon set in a six sided star motif. Surrounding the central plaque is a smooth gold bezel edged with corded rope work which segues to a wide outer rim accented with delicate gold wire work and tiny gold bead granulation. The reverse reveals a locket back with removable glass cover and rim. The locket pendant is a perfect medium size and weight.
Date: Circa 1870.
Chain sold separately. Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/8 inch (2.8 cm) in width. Weight of 9.2 grams (5.9 dwt).
Condition: Excellent, interior back of enamel plaque is rough and has some over spill of enamel, typical of most enamel plaques. Does not show with fabric covering and if contents are placed inside.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.