Love Birds - Mother of Pearl Earrings
New lower price!!! Marked down from $1750!
Natural materials such as mother of pearl, horn, ivory, bog oak and coral were used by Victorian jewelers as part of an organic natural trend in the mid to later part of the 19th century. Although naturalistic themes had been integral in the decades preceding the mid 1800s, designs became much more realistic. Quintessentially feminine, these earrings represent a moment when the inspiration was the natural world of birds, insects, fish and plants.
Meticulously hand-carved from mother of pearl, each earring depicts a pair of love birds nestled among flowers and leaves. Highly detailed, the carving displays delicate lines and texture of the images as well as accentuating the shimmering opalescence of the material.
Cleverly constructed, the small flower surmount (as well as the ear fitting) is mounted onto a pin which can rotate 360 degrees thus enabling the birds to maintain their perfect vertical position. Later date omega clips and posts of 14k white gold is a conversion from earlier ear wires.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: The mother of pearl portion measures 1-¾ inches (4.5 cm) by 15/16 of an inch (2.4 cm) in width.
Hallmarks: 585 (for 14k) on ear fittings.
Condition: Excellent; modern 14k gold ear post fittings and omega clip back.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.