Georgian Pansy Gem Vinaigrette Brooch
Here is an item of interest which more than likely can be classified as a piece of Georgian jewelry history – that of a vinaigrette. Needless to say the infrastructure of the urban developments of the 18th century was less than ideal. Products from the horse-drawn carriages and effluvia from the inhabitants were only an example of what the environment offered. Consequently, the vinaigrette was an accessory which became a necessity for those who could afford such.
This is a superb example of a period 18k carat yellow gold vinaigrette brooch displaying such cardinal characteristics of the Georgian era as cannetille gold work and the incorporation of the popular gems of amethyst and citrine. A pansy motif employs three (3) pear shaped natural amethysts and two (2) citrines as petals surrounding a centered petite emerald.
The reverse reveals a small compartment with a hinged and pierced cover. Into this compartment was placed cotton wool soaked in perfume or another aromatic to ensure that your travels through the city would pleasant for the nose.
Date: Circa 1820.
Measurements: 1-1/8 inches (2.7 cm) at the widest. Weight of 5.5 grams (3.5 dwt).
Condition: Near mint and appears unworn.
Origin: Most likely English.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.