Victorian Antique Coral Earrings
After a decade of absence long pendant earrings were once again in favor with the ladies of the Victorian era. Coral as a material for jewelry was used quite frequently during the mid 1800s, particularly for day wear and readily lent itself to any number of carved designs.
Fabulous meticulous hand carving places this pair of natural coral earrings in a class of their own. The drop earring appears to be quite substantial in weight yet is light on the ear and easy to wear. An arched form of 14k yellow gold embellished with lovely twisted wire work and hemisphere surmount support an elongated intricately carved pendant of coral. Organic in feel, the drop, topped with a gold cap also decorated with corded rope finishes with an unopened bud-like floral configuration ringed with a gold band adorned in a similar fashion.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 2-3/8 inches (6.1 cm) in length including ear wire and 1-1/8 of an inch (5.4 cm) without by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) at the widest. Weight of 7.5 grams (4.8 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; two tiny wire circles missing to one arch and two on the other with a tiny missing twisted wire element to the cap – all only evident upon close inspection and not when worn.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.