Flames & Ice: Fire Opal and Diamond Ring
With the intensity and power of the Aztec sun god Tonatiuh and that of the Mayan deity, Kinich Ahau, the gem known as the fire opal has played a major role in the rituals and faith of these early Mesoamerican people.
An oval faceted fire opal of an estimated 3.0 carats dominates this circa 1920 ring with its very fine and clear orange-red hue. The color is exceptional, not at all cloudy or muddy and the true intensity of such a gem shows. A surround of thirty-one (31) tiny rose cut diamonds and one single cut all set in silver caresses the passionate stone with an intense embrace. An antique base and shank of 14k yellow gold adorned with a swirling floral motif have been added.
Date: Circa 1920.
Measurements: Just over 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.6 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 3.4 grams (2.2 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8 (UK P-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 56.9 mm; Int. Dia. 18.1 mm; Japan 16) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent for the fire opal; one diamond replaced; ring has the addition of an antique base and antique shank.
Note: Gemstone was not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.