Antique Surprise in a Rose Gold Locket
Hand engraving is a lost art. This technique was regularly rendered on pieces of jewelry from the 19th century. This locket of 9k pale rose gold displays that skill on both the front and back surfaces. Flower designs, most likely pansies intertwine with leaves and ornate engraving on one side as swirls ad leaf elements predominate on the other. Even the sides of the piece are incised with a foliate pattern. The double picture locket clicks shut and uses a tiny pull out knob to open into half moon shapes to reveal a hinged rim with removable glass cover. The surfaces of the rim are gold with the interior of another metal.
Date: Circa 1890.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in length including bale by 1/4 inch (0.8 cm) in width. Weight of 5.1 grams (3.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; two minute areas where the engraving has left tiny holes next to center band only evident with magnification or upon very close inspection (see photo of flower side, our macro photograph shows these far more than they are in person).
Origin: Most likely English.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.