Etruscan Revival Solid Gold Earrings
The 19th century was a time of intense archaeological excavations of sites of the ancient world. Amazing discoveries contained examples of objects with which the ancients had adorned themselves and their environment. Jewelry in particular displayed gold smithing techniques so flawless that even advanced technology of today cannot replicate. Nonetheless, 19th century jewelry artists such as Castellani and Giuliano made attempt after attempt to duplicate or re-discover the methods which led to such magnificent craftwork.
Coifs of the late 1860s and early 1870s were pulled back away from the face which consequently required length earrings. This particular pair is the perfect medium to small scale so preferred for today. The two part articulated earring is crafted of solid 14k yellow gold. Fine wirework, granulation and small golden orbs pay homage to the Etruscan style. Please note the original hinged kidney shaped ear wires first seen and patented (in the United States) in the later years of the 19th century.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in length by 5/16 of an inch (1.2 cm) at the widest. Weight of 3.9 grams (2.5 dwt) for the pair.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.