Victorian Locket of Carved Rock Crystal
Rock crystal appears identical to glass. So how can you tell the difference? Rock crystal feels far cooler to the touch than glass. Place the suspected object to your cheek and then touch your cheek with glass – the difference can readily be detected.
An oval Victorian locket carved from clear rock crystal has a front surface fancily engraved and painted with the letters of M, E, A, C and P. The M is white and outlined in gold; French blue for E and P and white for A and C. Yellow gold bezels of 18k line the edge of each of the deep sides of the hinged locket which opens to the side. A permanently affixed “O” fitting of yellow gold has an attached “O” ring.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inch (3.5 cm) in length including "O" fitting by 1 inch (2.3 cm) in width by 1/2 of an inch (1.5 cm) in depth. Weight of 19.5 grams (12.6 dwt).
Condition: Very good to excellent. A bit of minute chipping between all the letters carved into rock crystal evident upon very close viewing or with magnification. Several paint irregularities but overall intact.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.