Pierced by Love: Art Deco Diamond Onyx Brooch
Being pierced straight through the heart by an arrow may typify a love interest. When that projectile is of platinum and encrusted with sixty-four (64) rose cut diamonds, eight gems of onyx and an agate the intent is not at all in question.
Meticulous and fine craftsmanship accompany the precious materials in this Art Deco period jabot pin brooch. From around the 17th century, jabot pins were originally designed to secure the jabot or ruffle on the front of a gentleman’s shirt of a lady’s dress. The brooch is also referred to as a stock pin and is worn as part of the horse riding ensemble.
In characteristic fashion one of the decorative terminals, in this case that of the vanes or feathers slides off, and the shaft is pushed through the material. The feathers are reinserted onto the shaft and click on to secure. On the reverse a portion of the pin mechanism is of 18k yellow gold.
Date: Circa 1925.
Measurements: 3-1/8 inches (8 cm) in length when worn by 7/16 of an inch (1.1 cm) in width. Weight of 5.1 grams (3.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: French dog's head for platinum.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.