18th C. Mary Queen of Scots Diamond Pendant Brooch
The heart and crown motif dates back centuries to Mary Stuart or as she is more commonly known, Mary Queen of Scots. The heart signifies love; the crown is reflective of loyalty and fidelity. Although having undergone years of anguish and tragic personal loss, Mary was renowned for her beauty but most of all for her kind heart and for this she was beloved by the people she ruled.
A rock crystal heart, the “heart” center of this pendant brooch is held within a bezel of 15k yellow gold. Please note the use of rock crystal versus glass and that only the most outer edges of the crystal are faceted – typical of the work of the 18th century.
The heart is bordered with an open work surround of silver to the outer edge with several fluted scrolls of yellow gold and set closed back with twelve (12) old mine cut diamonds. The surmounted open work silver crown is accented with silver orbs along the top perimeter and three diamonds in the base. The reverse reveals the deep and sculptural metal work of the period as well as the gold brooch fittings and fold down pendant bale.
Date: Circa 1780.
Measurements: 1-7/16 inches (3.6 cm) in length not including bale by 1-1/16 inches (2.7 cm) in width Weight of 10.2 grams (6.5 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; only detail of note is a replaced safety clasp to the pin.
Origin: Most likely English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.