Antique Garnet Diamond Locket Back Pendant
During the Victorian era garnets cut en cabochon were referred to as carbuncles. When set in yellow gold, the deep port wine color of the garnets creates a hypnotic pool of never-ending depths. Here we have a well proportioned pendant exhibiting these fancy carved garnets to their best advantage.
Appearing as a single carved gem eight carbuncles have been shaped and fitted together to form a cluster dome with a scalloped perimeter. An applied silver star with nine (9) old mine cut diamonds set closed back is perfectly centered within the lushly colored gems. A twisted rope border of 15k yellow gold caresses the outline of each carbuncle in a continuous undulating golden outline.
A corded wire bale of 9k yellow gold surmounts the crest of the pendant as a similarly framed teardrop cabochon garnet functions as an articulated drop in a harmony of symmetry. The reverse reveals a locket compartment with removable glass cover.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 2-1/2 inches (6.3 cm) in length including bale by 1-3/16 inches (3.0 cm) in width. Weight of 16.7 grams (10.8 dwt).
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.