Antique Solid Gold Diamond Ruby Locket
Ah, 1911 was a good year; in fact, a very good year with the coronation of George V, Cartier sold the Hope Diamond, the initial celebration of International Women’s Day and the union of PLC and AMI.
Unfortunately, other than these initials we do not know who PLC and AMI actually are but we do have a tad bit of info about their lives. From the ornate engraving on the reverse of this yellow gold locket we know that PLC married AMI on the 24th day of August in the year 1911. He loved AMI very much as the locket of solid 18k gold was worth a small fortune at that time.
In addition the front of the octagonal pendant is decorated with an elegant and feminine Edwardian motif set with thirty (30) rose cut diamonds, one (1) square and two (2) round faceted natural rubies as well as an old European cut diamond. The interior of the beloved piece reveals two compartments complete with rims to secure a pair of photographs.
Measurements: 1-11/16 inches (4.3 cm) in length including bale by 1-3/8 inches (3.5 cm) in width. Weight of 12.7 grams (8.1 dwt).
Hallmarks: “18k”; an undistinguished mark.
Condition: Excellent; later plastic inserts.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.