Emblematic Antique Victorian Opal & Diamond Ring
The classic horseshoe motif does not limit its appeal to equestrian aficionados. The horseshoe as a protective amulet is believed to have its origins in Europe where it has been hung next to or above doorways.
Quite prevalent during the Victorian era, here the talismanic horseshoe design is incorporated into a ring of yellow gold embellished with three (3) opal cabochons of an estimated .55 carat total alternating with four (4) old mine cut diamonds of a total estimated .15 carats. The 14k yellow gold coronet set mount displays the precious gems to their best advantage. A split shank envelopes the finger in an expanse of antique 10k yellow gold.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 3.8 grams (2.4 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-1/2 (UK O-1/2; Int. Dia. 17.75; Euro 56 mm; Japan 15) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: Two illegible karat marks.
Condition: Very good; shank replaced at some point long ago or with a period shank.
Note: Stones have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond and gemstone weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.