Antique Scottish Pebble Ring with Shield
Scottish pebble jewelry is a Victorian adaption of traditional Scottish and Celtic jewelry pieces for which Queen Victoria developed quite a fondness. This in turn created a fashion trend which spread all across the United Kingdom and into a number of European countries.
Although traditionally rendered in silver, this smart ring is of 9k rose gold with an “armorial shield” of 14k yellow gold as a hand engraved monogram plaque sporting the initials “AGM”. Hand engraved designs and patterns envelop a series of inset stones of bloodstone and jasper.
Date: Circa 1909.
Measurements: 3/8 of an inch (0.9 cm) in length north to south on the hand. Weight of 2.7 grams (1.8 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8-1/4 (UK Q; UK 18.25; 58 mm; Japan just over 16) and cannot be sized up; may be sized down with inserts or similar methods. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: “Chester”; “9”; “375”; date letter for 1909; partially worn maker’s mark perhaps of “WG”.
Condition: Very good; engraving sharp but slightly softened to back of ring; minute edge wear to stones commensurate with age and use.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.