Antique “REGARD” Ring
Acrostic jewelry falls under the auspices of sentimental jewelry – that of love and sorrow. Given as a token of love, esteem or friendship, the gem-set piece contains a veiled message displaying a hidden meaning spelled out using the first letter of each of the stones.
This 15k yellow gold ring from the later decades of the 1800s is referred to as a REGARD ring as it is set with a R-uby, E-merald, G-arnet, A-methyst, R-uby and D-iamond. Straying somewhat from the typical example, the gems have been placed in a mount separate from the shank of the ring, i.e., in a setting applied to the front of the slightly tapering gold band. Although simple in its design, the overall configuration of the ring is quite striking.
Measurements: 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 4.6 grams (2.9 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-1/4 (UK O; Int. Dia. 17.5; Euro 55 mm; Japan just over 14) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent; one minute repair to gallery beneath smallest ruby with a bit of silver color only visible with magnification or upon very close inspection.
Date: Circa 1880.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.