Victorian Gold Mizpah Locket
Mizpah jewelry is a subset of what has been termed sentimental jewelry, i.e. that of love and loss. The simple block letters MIZPAH are typically found on brooches and rings. Here we find a less conventional use in the form of a circa 1890 locket. Both 14k yellow and rose gold has been employed to best advantage in the art of decoration.
Amidst a ribbon banner in rose gold the word “MIZPAH” has been boldly chased across the front of the double sided oval locket. The reverse reveals a series of botanical and organic design forms covering the entire surface of the locket. Quite beautiful, tactile and, of course poignant.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.3 cm) in length including bale by 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) in width. Weight of 4.5 grams (2.9 dwt).
Condition: Very good; light wear commensurate with age and use. One glass insert deficient and now replaced with plastic.
Date & Origin: Circa 1890 and is most likely English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.