Antique Porcelain Portrait Miniature Earrings
Often pairs of earrings from the Victorian and earlier periods displayed opposing rather than carbon copy images on each of the earrings as in this example of portrait miniature. Hand-painted on porcelain, two images of a head and shoulders portrait of a rosy-cheeked and perhaps coquettish young woman are depicted.
Rendered in rich hues, the colors remain vibrant and alive. Continuing the trend initiated by Austrian Empress Elizabeth, flowers embellish the hair and sugar or Barley curls drop alongside the cheeks. The portrait miniatures are surrounded by braided and twisted wire and bead work trim in 14k yellow gold and suspend from shepherd’s hook ear wires.
Measurements: 1-9/16 inches (3.3 cm) in length including ear wires and 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) without by ¾ of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 6.3 grams (4.1 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good; each enamel has light wear visible with a loupe; one earring has visible silver solder on reverse at juncture of ear wire and earring. On reverse bottom of each was a safety clasp now filed down.
Date: Circa 1870.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.