Poesy Ring - A Pledge of Perfect Love
The poesy (posey) ring achieved its greatest popularity during the Middle Ages. By the Renaissance period these traditionally English rings had an aphorism or thought-provoking poem engraved on the interior of the band.
The expression or saying was meant to be private and worn next to the skin and became more romantic and intimate in nature as the statement on this particular high carat yellow gold ring indicates in beautiful Italic script: “A Pledge of Perfect Love”.
Even the discovery of the ring presents as exciting and picturesque as it was a metal detector find in England which was exempt from the Treasure Act of 1996 as the piece is dated after 1600 CE.
Measurements: More than 1/8 of an inch (3.12 cm) in width. Weight of 2.6 grams (1.7 dwt).
Ring Size: US size between a 5-1/2 to 5-3/4 (UK between K and K-1/2; Euro 16.25; 51 mm). Please contact us directly regarding ring sizing.
Hallmarks: Engraved to the interior, "A Pledge of Perfect Love".
Condition: General wear and some tiny nicks. These can be buffed out by our jeweler if desired. Inscription is clear and fine.
Date & Origin: Late 17th or early 18th century and is English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.