Edwardian Gold & Diamond Bird Earrings
The use of flowers, hearts and birds as well as amphibians as inspiration certainly was not limited to the reign of Queen Victoria. Edwardian jewels often incorporated a sporting theme. This particular example, rendered in 14k yellow gold represents an avian attached to a twisted gold rope and two prong set old mine cut diamonds (each about .07 carats apiece) grasp by its beak. The estimated total diamond weight for the pair is .28 carats.
Delicate engraving across the surface of the bird displays a realistic image of feathers and anatomy and a pair of red paste eyes for acute vision. In what may be seen as a dive bomb position, the gems dangle from the mouth of our fine feathered friend as the guide rope undulates and twists about its neck. The shepherd’s hook ear fittings with clasp finish the look and enable the birds to fly lightly on the ears.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in total length including ear wire and 7/8 of an inch (2.1 cm) without. Weight of 2.7 grams (1.7 cm).
Date: Circa 1900.
Note: All diamond weights are approximate as the stones have not been removed in order to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.