Victorian Pink: Impressive Silver & Paste Pendant
The pendant was one of the more desirable neck ornaments during the later decades of the 19th century. Often it was worn suspended from a string of pearls, a gold chain or even threaded through a velvet ribbon.
This later Victorian pendant displays the lozenge-shaped design favored somewhat earlier by master jeweler Carlo Giuliano. Quite considerable in size, this impressive three-element articulated jewel is weighty and solidly constructed of silver.
Faceted and square vividly colored pastes of vivid peony pink accent the center and four cardinal points of the pendant as round white pastes are set within silver scrolls encrusted with small dots of white paste. A modified leaf motif wends its way throughout the pastes. Tiny white pastes outline a tear shaped drop that encloses a similarly configured paste gem of pink symmetrically balancing the original paste-set bale.
Measurements: 3-13/16 inches (8.6 cm) in length by 2-3/16 inches (5.5 cm) at the widest. This antique pendant has a weight of 32.1 grams (20.6 dwt).
Hallmarks: Possibly French eagle's head mark on the top bale.
Condition: Very good; a bit of variation to white pastes with some reading golden and a few with a hint of green.
Date & Origin: Circa 1880 and is European in origin, possibly French.
Overall Scale: Very large and long
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.