Georgian Silver & Paste Cufflinks
In the 1700s cufflinks or sleeve buttons (as they were known at the time) were more than just a replacement for the ribbons or ties which formerly held together the shirt cuffs of a gentleman. By the 18th century these jewels symbolized luxury, self-adornment and elegance. Wearing a pair clearly separated “thems that gots from thems that don’t”.
Hand faceted clear white pastes have been foiled and set closed back into pinched collet mounts of silver. The silver setting is the perfect foil for the very white and shimmering paste gems. The ever clever Georgian jewelers crafted a wondrous pair of double sided cufflinks by attaching a bale to each “cuff button” and linking them together with an ingeniously designed open work plaque of a honeycomb pattern. The pair is all original from the connectors to the foil.
Measurements: 4-5/16 inches (11 cm) in length by 3-1/2 inches (9 cm) in width. This pair of antique paste cufflinks has a weight of 7 grams (4.5 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; light overall wear and small variations in color from the natural properties of the foiling over the centuries. Suitable for the modern lady or gentleman of today.
Date: Circa 1780
Overall Scale: Small
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.