Antique Halley's Comet Moss Agate Brooch
One of the reoccurring themes in Georgian and Victorian jewelry is that of the Halley’s Comet brooch. Prevalent throughout the 19th century, a few even from the 18th comet brooches are rather diminutive in size—typically less than 1 inch in length although some are a bit larger, but almost always under 2 inches. (Later 20th century brooches can be quite large but are not Halley's comet brooches, just a motif of a comet). These brooches look especially charming worn together in groups of three or four.
Representing the head of the comet is a Dendritic or moss agate with a high domed cabochon cut claw set within a rectangle of 14k pale rose gold. The formations in the agate create an illusion of forward movement. Hand engraving accents the v-notch shaped tail.
Condition: Excellent; light wear to the stone commensurate with age and use.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length by just shy of ½ of an inch (1.1 cm) in length. This antique brooch has a weight of 3.5 grams (2.2 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1835 and is English in origin.
Overall Scale: Small to petite
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.