Antique Gold in Quartz Ring
Gold-in-quartz was formed while the earth was still in its molten state. During its cooling and solidification process, veins of gold sometimes became trapped with the crystals of quartz which created dramatic contrast of color between the whitish quartz and the yellow of the gold. Quite in vogue during the later years of the 19th century, we occasionally come across antique examples of this unique gemstone today.
An oval of quartz-in gold has been placed in a setting of 15k rose gold. The gold has more of a blush than a concentrated amount of rose coloring which beautifully compliments the stone. August in weight and presence, the ring displays fine engraving across the front and shoulders. The interior has been engraved in flowing script with the initials “M J N”.
Condition: Very good; light wear overall on exterior as expected with use and age; stone is fine with one natural vein.
Hallmarks: “15” for 15k gold.
Measurements: 5/8 of an inch (1.5 cm) north to south on the finger at the stone by 5/16 of an inch (0.7 cm) at the back of the band. This antique ring has a weight of 11.2 grams.
Size: US 7-3/4 (UK P; Euro 18, 57 mm). Let our expert jewelers assist you with sizing. Ring sizing information.
Date & Origin: Circa 1890; Continental in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.