Antique Enamel & Gold Dog Cufflinks
The advent of the industrial revolution led to the development of leisure time. As a consequence of having time to engage in various activities arose what is referred to as “sporting jewelry” or jewelry in the form of or decorated with a motif or object representing a particular sport. Dogs and horses were some of the more popular motifs.
This pair solid 14k yellow gold antique cufflinks has the profile image of a white and tan sporting dog or hound rendered in beautiful enamel on each matrix. Highly detailed and finely painted, the colors of the enamel remain bright and vivid. A figure eight-shape oval wire bridge securely connects the face with a solid gold T-bar fitting. The antique cufflinks are all original with no evidence of repair or restoration and the mounting hardware is intact.
Date: Circa 1900.
Condition: Very good; minute amount of pitting of the gold near dog’s nose on one matrix; even light wear overall as commensurate with age and use.
Hallmarks: “500” for 14k gold.
Measurements: 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) in length by ½ of an inch (1.2 cm) in width. T-bar fitting is just shy of 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in length by 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in width. Weight of 5.6 g.
Origin: Continental in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.