Bohemian Garnet Festoon Necklace
With a penchant for the dramatic, this necklace of Bohemian garnets most certainly inspired the romantic in any Victorian or Edwardian lady. Striking with its rich claret color, two festoon swags are encrusted with faceted Bohemian garnets in patterns of stars or flowers that sensuously drape across the neck. These clusters are additionally accented with twelve (12) smaller floral pendants and dangles. The entire necklace is enrobed in rose gold gilt (metal that has been overlaid with gold) and has intensified the depth and warmth of each stone.
Measures 17-3/4 inches (45 cm) in total length. The size of the flowers range from just less than 3/8 of an inch (0.8 cm) in diameter to more than ¾ of an inch (2 cm). The length of the descent from the largest flower to the lowest drop is 2-1/4 inches (5.8 cm). This antique necklace has a weight of 26.5 grams. In very good condition with light wear on the reverse and some loss of gilding; garnets all original and intact; safety chain lost to the ages. Dates to circa 1900.
Historical note: The heyday of Bohemian garnet jewelry was the 19th century and it was during that period where its characteristic design form of the garnets entirely dominating the metal setting was developed.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.