Rites of Spring: Art Nouveau Orchid Brooch
Direct from a private collection we present this fantastic 14k enamel orchid brooch. Growing real orchids is an arduous and precise task and it is no less difficult to find that same flower in the enamel brooch flower category. Here in all its iridescent polychromatic enamel glory is a fabulous representation most likely crafted by the noted Newark firm of Ehrlich & Sinnock, fine jewelers.
Voluptuous lips, delicate petals and sensuous sepals of 14k yellow gold are decorated with luscious colors of pale teal, butter yellow, plum, black and sienna. Centered is an old European cut diamond of an estimated .05 carats resting upon a 14k yellow gold platform. The reverse reveals the well-made watch holder and brooch fittings. If so desired, the brooch can be turned and worn suspended from a chain as a pendant. This is such a lovely example of the phenomenal enamel work of the Art Nouveau period.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length by 1-3/16 inches (3.0 cm) in width. Weight of 4.7 grams (3.1 dwt).
Hallmarks: 14k; maker's mark of E.S.
Note: Diamond has not been removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.