18th C. Silver & Paste Cluster Earrings
All of us are apt to misplace a favorite pen on a daily basis. Consequently is it quite difficult to imagine how an object as small as a pair of earrings can still exist for more than 230 years. But jewelry is magical and it can impact an individual in a myriad of ways over a multitude of ages.
This pair of Georgian earrings still retains its original back to front ear wires with what is termed “wig loops”. Exceedingly shimmering and clear, thirty (30) hand cut white pastes glow with very fine refraction and attendant prismatic light. In a floral cluster form, these antique earrings characteristically are foiled and set closed back in low grade silver. The pastes are cut in such a manner as to pick up the ambient light from the candles which typically illuminated 18th century indoor spaces. Aren't you thrilled to know some treasures survive?
Date: Circa 1780.
Measurements: Each earring is 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in diameter. Total weight for both earrings is 9.4 grams (6.1 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for their age; a few stones with tiny wear, two stones with chips visible with a loupe; note the earrings backs are a tad thicker than modern ear wires although these could be polished thinner.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.