J.D. to C. Mc N...this is the hand engraving to the interior. Its story is that of a gift from one to another around the year 1905.
English in origin, the ring is clearly marked that it was created in 18k gold, in Chester, and from a jeweler with the initials of B&H. However, the letter signifying the year, has worn smooth.
Three natural hot pink and fiery rubies and two old European cut diamonds are arranged in a horizontal row. Gypsy set, they are below the top surface within a marquise shaped cartouche embellished with lyrical carved designs on each side.
The rubies total .18 carats and the diamonds add up to .10 carats with a color of K-L and clarity of VS2-SI1.