Jewelry made during the Georgian era carries a certain panache and aura. Perhaps it is the warmth of antique gold against the fire and glow of gemstones which have been witness to the passage of many decades.
It is likely that the care and painstaking details of their creation set them apart from their modern progeny. Conjecture aside, this ring looks remarkably untouched since its birth around circa 1840.
Three beautiful rectangular cut natural emeralds (a total of .22 carats) with fine coloration and clarity have been placed in delicately scalloped collets to create an ornate backdrop. In a cluster or halo formation, eight glittering old mine cut diamonds act as their companions, their total weight is .48 (color G-H, clarity SI1-3).
The shoulders of the carefully crafted and patterned hoop are adorned with curves that transition to a convex shank within the setting of 15k yellow gold. The interior has a hand engraved inscription, now worn, with the name Eliza still visible.