Krementz & Co. of Newark was founded in 1866 as a manufacturer of jewelry by George Krementz and his cousin Carl Lester (Lebcheucher). Their products defined excellent workmanship, designing and detailing. Regardless of the price point, quality was always the watchword for the company. In addition, they offered a lifetime guarantee on every item which they sold. Quite a sense of ethics and no wonder for a company which lasted over 144 years. Beginning with the production of accessories for men (studs, collar and cuff buttons) the firm moved toward manufacturing jewelry for women.
Collectors vie for pieces from the early days of the company’s line for women. This resplendent 14k yellow gold pendant brooch certainly falls into that category. This piece features an oval faceted natural peridot of an estimated 4 carats situated east to west within curving gold lines of the syncopated rhythm of a flower form.
Incorporating the feminine demeanor of the Edwardian age with the sensual eroticism of Art Nouveau, foliate elements are ornamented with translucent enamel of canary yellow in addition to both spring and mint green. A pair of yellow gold stamens is tipped with cultured pearls in groups of three as three (3) old European cut diamonds form a triangle north to south. The reverse reveals the original brooch fittings as well as a pair of loops for a chain (for a necklace) and a watch hanger fitting which can be used to suspend a pearl drop or pendant.
Ask about our matching chains!