From the renown house of the Lambert Brothers, New York jewelers since 1877 comes this platinum diamond ring. Perfect as an engagement ring or as a right hand ring, a trio of white diamonds makes their presence known with a horizontal arrangement. Center most is an old mine cut diamond of an estimated .33 carats seated a tad higher than its brethren.
Almost stair stepped, the other two (2) diamonds are old European cuts of .15 carats each which bring the total estimated diamond weight of .63 carats (H-J color range; SI2-3 clarity for light or clear inclusions none of which are visible without magnification). Delightful detail and open work characterize each shoulder of the antique platinum diamond ring.
Historical Notes: Founded in 1877 by August V. Lambert, the jewelry house of Lambert Bros. was located on the southwest corner of Third Avenue and 58th Street ini NY. Around 1930 construction of a new store at the northeast corner of Lexington and 60th Street was completed. A magnificent, four-faced gold clock outside their jewelry store was erected shortly after the building was completed to advertise the shop. Moving again around 1968, Lambert Brothers Jewelry was now at 545 Madison Avenue at 55th Street where it remained until 1978 when Victor Lambert sold the company to the Zale Corporation. The clock was removed and placed in storage. Shortly thereafter, Victor made headlines by buying the $3 million 69.42 carat diamond that Richard Burton had given to Elizabeth Taylor.