Story

A signed Lambert Brothers platinum engagement ring features a sparkling old European cut diamond of an approximate .40 carats (J-K color; SI1 clarity). Flanking each side is a cartouche containing three (3) single cut diamonds. Engraved to the interior is “L.M.N. to A.P.N.”.

Date: Circa 1935.

Item 14464

Lambert Bros. Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring

Only One Available

SOLD
Guarantee & Authenticity

COMPLETE MONEY BACK NO-RISK GUARANTEE

Notification within (3) days of receipt for a full refund

Refunds processed THE SAME DAY as received

Free Return Shipping

Gift giving? Engagement? Ask about longer return periods.

Visit Guarantee or Returns

SHIPPING

Same day shipping. Order by 1 pm CT, M-F for most

Free – 2 day delivery, fully insured

More info at Shipping

TESTING

Gemologist on staff

Full gemological laboratory on site

All gemstones and diamonds are thoroughly tested

All precious metals are tested

THE FINE PRINT

Due to the nature of antique & vintage jewelry, many diamond and gemstone weights are calculated by measurements, not removed. Actual weights are noted in the item’s description. Grading of diamonds and gemstones may vary slightly when removed.

HONESTY

Being as honest as possible about the items we represent for sale is our ultimate goal! Our pricing is industry recognized as fair and equitable with value as the byword.


Measurements: 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 3.5 grams (2.3 dwt).

Ring Size: US 6 1/2 (UK M 1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 53.1 mm; Int. Dia. 16.9 mm; Japan 13) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.

Hallmarks: Lambert Bros. and Platinum.

Condition: Excellent; some edge wear to the main diamond visible with magnification.

Origin: American.

Note: Diamonds were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights. Grading may vary if stones are removed.

Historical Notes: Founded in 1877 by August V. Lambert, the jewelry house of Lambert Bros. was located on the southwest corner of Third Avenue and 58th Street. Around 1930 construction of a new store at the northeast corner of Lexington and 60th Street was completed. A magnificent, four-faced gold clock outside their jewelry store was erected shortly after the building was completed to advertise the shop. Moving again around 1968, Lambert Brothers Jewelry was now at 545 Madison Avenue at 55th Street where it remained until 1978 when Victor Lambert sold the company to the Zale Corporation. The clock was removed and placed in storage. Shortly thereafter, Victor made headlines by buying the $3 million 69.42 carat diamond that Richard Burton had given to Elizabeth Taylor.

Story

A signed Lambert Brothers platinum engagement ring features a sparkling old European cut diamond of an approximate .40 carats (J-K color; SI1 clarity). Flanking each side is a cartouche containing three (3) single cut diamonds. Engraved to the interior is “L.M.N. to A.P.N.”.

Date: Circa 1935.

Some Items You Might Like

/
Two Hearts are One - Diamond Engagement Ring
$3,650 USD Marked Down! $3,375 USD
Sterling Native American Motif Ring
$975 USD Marked Down! $725 USD