Scintillating Topaz Portuguese Earrings
As one thumbs through "Five Centuries of Jewellery" from the National Museum of Ancient Art in Lisbon, it reads as the ultimate wish list of 18th century jewelry. On pages 94 - 95 and again on pages 88 - 89, one finds examples of workmanship nearly identical to that of these superb and scarce earrings. Foiled gemstones of topaz illuminate the exaggerated arcs of the hoops. Mellow and sultry champagne tones of the topaz work in harmony with the beaded edges of rose gold. The gems are set in silver, closed backed and foiled. The original ear wires are still intact; somehow having endured through the ages. Back to front wires retain their loops (which ensure that when worn the earrings don't slip forward).
Measuring 1-3/4 inches long by 1-3/16 inches from the back of the ear wire to the middle of the arched topaz front and ½ of an inch at the widest gem set band. (4.5 cm by 2.8 cm by 1.3 cm). In near mint condition; light wear, otherwise very fine. Scarce to rare. Circa 1760-1780.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.