Mercurial Light - Antique Cut Steel Earrings
Cut steel has a long history of its very own admirers—revered in the 17th Century and quite popular during the Victorian period. Used as an alternative for the look and impact of early cuts diamonds, cut-steel in jewelry became a highly refined process. Each small steel bead or stud is hand cut, faceted, polished, and painstakingly riveted onto a metal (typically brass) back piece.
As if gazing into a star map of the planets in our galaxy, curved forms create a wonderful design of three concentric ovals composed of individually set multifaceted cut steel beads. A single row of beads grows to three to perfectly balance line versus curve. A six petal flower accents the shared center axis of the elliptical rings as each articulated form freely sways with any delicate movement made. Resist the temptation to shade the eyes as the light dances nimbly from one facet to the other.
Measures 2-1/4 inches in length by 1-1/4 inches wide (5.4 cm by 3 cm). The condition is very good to excellent with nothing of consequence to note; no rust or missing rivets; later date 15k gold ear wires. Most likely English or French in origin, circa 1850 – 1860.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.