Rich Cognac Smoky Quartz 18th Century Ring
Warmth and richness mark this superb ring. The stone is a flat cut deep sienna brown smoky quartz. The sides are cut with twenty-two facets (22) around the edge. The stone is in a gold foiled closed-back setting. The gold mount is a rub over mount with the variation of small beads at intervals (a few now worn away).
The reverse is the classic radiating line pattern evident on a number of rings of this period. During the 17th and early part of the 18th century, the back would have been enameled but this fell out of favor and engraved designs took over. This particular pattern was often utilized and gives an intricate delicacy.
The shank is original; a split shank with scalloped edges and a fleur de lis design in the center. The band transitions to three (3) incised bands and then into a fine shank with engraved ridges on each outer edge. Single stone rings certainly are a dichotomy of an early ring with a tone that suits modern tastes as well as those that side with ornate antiquity. Elegance exemplified. In mint condition with slight surface wear to the stone on the top and sides only visible with a loupe.
Measures ½ of an inch across by 7/16 of an inch high (the stone with setting). It is greater than ¼ of an inch in depth. Size US 7 (UK N-½; Euro 14-¼) but could be sized by our expert jewelers. English in origin, circa 1750.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.