Edwardian Enamel Dog Bar Brooch
Enamels combine the rendering of painting with the delicacy of size appropriate for jewelry and personal adornment. For the most part, a lost art that faded after the Victorians but remained until the early 20th century. This is an endearing spaniel, pointer or perhaps a hound depicted in this brooch.
The dog is set in a background of opaque yellow with hints of burnt umber and tinges of green. The dog is alert, as though pointing; however, his eyes are fixed in an outward view. His fur is soft and white, the nose, whiskers and mouth are rendered anatomically correct with tinges of pinks and browns with sienna highlights. The ears are long and smooth. His brown eyes are soft and appealing.
The circular enamel is set in a twisted wire gold border, which then is placed into a bar brooch--a split design at each side and then vertical engraving and finished off with a smooth and polished surface.
Measures 2-½ inches long by ¾ inches high, and 3/8 inches deep (5.6 cm by 2 cm by 0.9 cm). Still retains its original gold safety clasp. 9k gold.
In excellent condition with a few tiny abrasions to the enamel surface only visible with a loupe. Otherwise superb, English in origin, circa 1890-1910.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.