Flamboyant Spanish Emerald & Gold Brooch
The Spanish conquistadors brought back emeralds from Columbia during the 16th century. With that, naturally their jewelry became studded with those lush green gems and their passion for them was seemingly insatiable. This is a stunning brooch of high carat gold, with table square and rectangular cut emeralds dotting the surface. There are twenty-nine (29) emeralds in all ranging in size from the center stone at approximately 9/10 of a carat, four at 2/10 of a carat, and the rest ranging from .03 - .05 of a carat (please note these are estimates as they cannot be weighted in situ). This ornate brooch is in an equal cruciform motif and was part of a larger brooch or stomacher. Above it at one time hovered a large bow form. This was a removable element as evidenced by its original pendant hook. The center emerald is set within a dome of gold, each surrounding emerald is set within a 17th century style with ribbed gold edges. The arms are fleur de lis and flourishes. The reverse is delight to beyond, with its careful gold smithing and rounded puffs of gold. It measures 1 7/8 inches high by just under 2 inches wide (5 cm by 4.7 cm). Spanish origin dating the second half of the 18th century. In very good condition with later pin back and very slight touches of solder evident at the connection points. Hallmarked with a town mark.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.