Edwardian Eagle Brooch Pendant
As the lion is regarded as king of the jungle, the eagle embodies the role of king (and queen) of the skies. Powerful and courageous, the image signifies a person of action. From the Edwardian era comes this brooch pendant of 14k yellow gold realistically portraying an eagle with its wings displayed outwardly. In what in heraldry is known as “statant”, the sculptural bird is perched upon a leafy branch. Generous in weight and large in proportion for its type, the surface is textured and modeled to the reverse. With head turned to the left, the bird grasps within its beak an old European cut diamond of an estimated .15 carats (I-J color; SI1 clarity).
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 2-5/8 inches (6.5 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in width. Weight of 17.7 grams (11.4 dwt).
Hallmarks: French import mark of the owl; Romanian mark (country of export) for 14k used from 1906 to 1926.
Origin: Romanian exported into France.
Note: Diamond weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual if removed. Grading may also vary. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.