Antique Garnet Gold Bracelet in Original Box
A classic mid Victorian bracelet circa 1850 – 1860 is a standout from the typical and is accompanied by the original box. Crafted in 15k yellow gold by S H & D Gass, London jewelers and goldsmiths established in 1804, they exhibited their creations at the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London.
The flexible gold link bracelet features a round natural garnet at the center of a lozenge shaped medallion. The intricate hollow repoussé work is highly patterned with scroll forms and foliate motifs. Some of the areas are solid sheets of gold, others hollow. The linked bracelet with a convex top and flat reverse echoes many of the designs on the front medallion.
The box is brown leather with metal hinges and small clasps used to close the lid. The white silk interior of the lid is inscribed with “S H & D Gass, Goldsmiths Jewellers & Silversmiths 166 Regent Street London” and within an image of a garter is “Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense”, the motto for the Order of the Garter.
Date: Circa 1850.
Measurements: 7-1/2 inches (19.0 cm) in length when worn by 1-1/2 inches (3.9 cm) in width. Will fit a wrist of 6 inches up to about 7-1/4 inches or a bit more. Weight of 16.0 grams (10.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent. Box is scuffed and worn with interior lightly stained.
Note: All gemstones and diamonds tested in our gemological laboratory. All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.