Victorian Silver Cuff Bracelet Dated 1882
By the 1880s silver had replaced gold as the preferred metal of choice for jewelry. The 1860 discovery of the Comstock Lode in Nevada vastly increased the worldwide availability of silver. Here we see a fine example of the silver work from one of the more prolific centers of English jewelry manufacturing, that of Birmingham.
Wide in proportion, the hinged sterling silver bangle cuff features alternating ornamented and plain silver bands. On the front a strong raised pattern of interlocked pyramidal forms chased with a stylized linear sunburst motif, granulated edges and a twisted rope design encloses a smooth unadorned expanse of silver. The bangle is accented with a beaded edge on both borders. The tongue and groove clasp safely secures the cuff around the wrist.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches wide (3.2 cm) and will fit a wrist of 5-3/4 inches (14.6 cm) up to 7-1/4 inches (18.4 cm). Weight of 36.3 grams (23.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: English hallmarks for Birmingham and date letter for 1882; maker's mark of T&S.
Note: All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.