Edwardian Love Knot Motif Gold Ring
Rings featuring a knot motif often represent a never ending path of permanence and the continuum of life and love. The origins of the love knot has been obscured by the passage of time. A reference here and there suggest the configuration points to early Celtic origins; others suggest a motif of Algerian etiology. History aside, the complexity of the interlocking of three elements versus the traditional two brings a nice twist.
Double lengths of 18k yellow gold twist and turn into a pair of loops with double reeded collars linked to a continuous circle of gold also adorned with two reeded collars. Large in size and august in weight, the marvel of a ring is suitable for a man or woman.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 1/2 of an inch (1.2 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 9.4 grams (6.0 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8-1/2 (UK Q-1/2 ; Euro or Int. Circum. 58.2 mm; Int. Dia. 18.5 mm; Japan 17) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: 18; maker's mark M&M which is possibly Macintosh & McCollugh of Glasgow listed in Jackson's Silver & Gold Marks working around this period.
Origin: English or Scottish.
Note: All metals are acid tested.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.