Art Deco Tutti Frutti Sterling Silver Brooch
“Tutti Frutti Jewels” is a style of jewelry designed by the renowned house of Cartier during the early 20th century. Pierre Cartier was inspired by Mogul design – a fusion of Persian and Indian elements – to incorporate colored and carved gemstones in the form of naturalistic botanicals and fruit into his innovative pieces. Although the idea was realized in the 1920s and 1930s, the term “Tutti Frutti” was not employed until the 1970s.
Taking a cue from that grand master is a colorful brooch of sterling silver. Designed in a most sculptural manner, a frosted glass vase accented with three-dimensional impressed designs displays a brightly multicolored garden bouquet. The composition uses red and blue flowers with a mix of green, blue and red leaves – all of molded glass. Those three colors were the holy trinity for this genre of “Tutti Frutti” or “fruit salad” jewelry. The silver stems of the bouquet along with the base and rim of the vase are set with sparkling marcasites.
Date: Circa 1925.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.4 cm) in length by 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in width. Weight of 12.9 grams (8.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: Made in France; two French marks.
Condition: Excellent; upper right of frosted glass abraded; light wear to the glass; all only visible with magnification.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.