Dated 1904 English Love Knot Ring
The love or lovers’ knot dates back to antiquity. Although the design has manifested itself in a number of different forms (such as the Celtic or Algerian love knot), the configuration typically consists of two interlocked knots using an overhand pattern. The symbolism is apparent in the overall form of the image.
Here is an interpretation in 18k yellow gold displaying two love knots with no discernible beginning or end. Entwined and interwoven, double overhand knots twist and turn to create what appears to be a triple ribbed shank. A complete set of English hallmarks show us the date of its birth and origin.
Measurements: 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.7 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 4.7 grams (3.0 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7 3/4 (UK P; Euro or Int. Circum. 56.3 mm; Int. Dia. 17.9 mm; Japan over a 15) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: Full set of English hallmarks for 18k, Birmingham, date letter e for 1904, maker's mark JH&S.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.