It's a Keeper - Antique Sculptural Locket
If you look closely, you will see the amazing level of detail which was included in the design and construction of this 15k yellow gold pendant. The outer edge has two twisted gold wires which alternate with a gold ribbon in such a way as to create a pattern to the border. Another fine wire twisted and nestled against the body of the locket adds intricacy.
As your eye looks inward, there are four separate gold wires arranged so that it appears to be just one border. Finally, positioned in the center is a high dome of pavé natural turquoise and the perfect compliment to buttery matte gold surfaces.
The reverse reveals a glass covered locket compartment just waiting for your memory. In mint condition, this is an uber value!
Date: Circa 1870.
Note: Did you know that long ago they often referred to a certain type of jar and other containers as keepers or receivers? There were even hair receivers so that when you brushed your hair, you could save it. It was then recycled to be used for various purposes such as stuffing for pin cushions and other items. The ultimate in green!
Measurements: 1-3/8 inches (3.5 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/8 of an inch (2.8 cm) in width. Weight of 8.8 grams (5.6 dwt).
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.